Moen Posi-Temp Shower Head Dripping

Users who are viewing this thread

Oyiwaa

Reaction score
Hello: I am new here. Thanks very much for an informative forum. My existing shower head is dripping quite a bit. The drip-drip-drip gets so noicy that I have to place the entire shower head in a bucket (see image gallery) just to be able to cope. And the bucket fills up quickly too.

I have a suspicion that the old shower knob (see pictures) as well as the catridge might need replacement, but I don’t know what the original parts are. Coulid you please take a look at the pictures I provided (in the gallery below) and let me know what model is it that I have and what I can replace it with?

Thanks so much, MN

moen-posi-leak-01.jpg
moen-posi-leak-02.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Hello: I am new here. Thanks very much for an informative forum. My existing shower head is dripping quite a bit. The drip-drip-drip gets so noicy that I have to place the entire shower head in a bucket (see image gallery) just to be able to cope. And the bucket fills up quickly too.

I have a suspicion that the old shower knob (see pictures) as well as the catridge might need replacement, but I don’t know what the original parts are. Coulid you please take a look at the pictures I provided (in the gallery below) and let me know what model is it that I have and what I can replace it with?

Thanks so much, MN

https://postimg.cc/gallery/3GFn4y2
The replacement cartridge is Moen 1222. It's a Moen Posi-Temp shower valve.

moen-2510.jpg

index.php

Last edited:

Oyiwaa

Reaction score
thanks so much, Terry:

I plan to replace the cartridge to see if it would stop the dripping.

While at it, I am also thinking of replacing the trim plate and knob with a new one -- probably the TL473 (see here: https://www.amazon.com/Moen-TL473-S...jAuNTkifQ==&sprefix=moen+tl473,aps,131&sr=8-2)

Is this a good option ? If so, would you recommend the 1222 or 1225 cartridge?

Are there other lever and trim plates you can recommend to go with my existing valve systen?

rgds, Oyiwaa

Oyiwaa

Reaction score
ohhh ... so the posi-temp behind my shower is one of the following: valve # 2510, 2520, 2570, or 2590 ?

please, ignore, answered already above - it is a Moen Valve #2510 with screws at 1 & 7 positions... thanks. Oyiwaa

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks