Grohe, Help with Shower Handle Leak

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Jdog13131, Dec 20, 2020.

1. Jdog13131

Jdog13131 New Member

Hi there! We purchased a new home about a month ago and I noticed a leak in the ceiling coming from the master bath area. We hired Oliver Plumbing to come out and the person suggested we just re-caulk the shower/steam shower... 190 dollars later and no real help... I did this and it obviously did not solve my problem. I decided to cut into the wall and remove shower handle faceplate to see what was going on. Sure enough there was a leak coming from screws on the left and right side of the handle. See image with 2 red circles... When I took this apart it appears that the screws have holes that allow water to pass through??? Looks like this was on purpose. I am at a loss on how to fix and any info would be appreciated.

It seems like this is a handle to a grohe 28206 brass shower head... Am I looking to replace the grohflex control module? Not sure if anyone has an idea on how to find part number. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Marlinman

Marlinman In the Trades

5. Jdog13131

Jdog13131 New Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2020
  6. Marlinman