Grohmix Thermostatic shower valve needs parts

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
This shower valve is leaking and needs parts. The homeowner sent me these pictures.
Home built in 1979

butterfield-2.jpg

butterfield-1.jpg

It's a thermostatic valve. Maybe the 34419000

butterfield-3.jpg

Last edited:

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just encountered one of these yesterday and pretty sure I messed up the calibration of the thermostatic while taking it apart. Hoping I can find a user manual for this if the homeowner decides on keeping it rather than replacing.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thanks. That will help if they decide to keep it.. I'm going to push a new shower valve.. but Polished Brass is my only option in this one.. not a huge selection out there.

Karl A

Reaction score
The source of the water coming out of the holes in the hot and cold "stop valves" is from a nominal 1.o mm diameter or less air bleed passage in the valve itself. I discovered these air bleeder passages when I disassembled my Grohmix valve assembly and cleaned everything and then fitted new and lubricated O-rings using Grohe's rebuild kit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks