Delta R10000-UNBXHF valve with R11000 diverter - installation questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Dave317

Reaction score
Good morning,

I am installing a Delta R10000-UNBXHF valve and a R11000 diverter that will ultimately control a regular shower head, an overhead rain can, and a handheld. The supply is 1/2" PEX from a ManaBloc manifold.

The question I have is about stringer depth: I am aware that the plasterguard on my valve body should be flush with the finished wall (±1/4") and I've tested the depth with a piece of backer board and an example tile. I'm calculating based on backer board (1/2") plus thinset (3/16") plus tile (5/16"). I will also be installing kerdi waterproofing, but that's so thin that I'm going to let that fall into the 1/4" margin of error. Seems pretty straightforward so far.

The diverter has me confused though: it appears to be a little deeper (the distance from the stringer to the front of the bonnet) than the valve even though the instructions say it's the same (2.75"). Should both be mounted on the same plane?

Thank you!

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
Good morning,

I am installing a Delta R10000-UNBXHF valve and a R11000 diverter that will ultimately control a regular shower head, an overhead rain can, and a handheld. The supply is 1/2" PEX from a ManaBloc manifold.

The question I have is about stringer depth: I am aware that the plasterguard on my valve body should be flush with the finished wall (±1/4") and I've tested the depth with a piece of backer board and an example tile. I'm calculating based on backer board (1/2") plus thinset (3/16") plus tile (5/16"). I will also be installing kerdi waterproofing, but that's so thin that I'm going to let that fall into the 1/4" margin of error. Seems pretty straightforward so far.

The diverter has me confused though: it appears to be a little deeper (the distance from the stringer to the front of the bonnet) than the valve even though the instructions say it's the same (2.75"). Should both be mounted on the same plane?

Thank you!
Ive done some where i had to offset them. If its a brand im not familiar with. Ill put the finishing trim and handle on to see what kinda play i have

Dave317

Reaction score
The diverter does sit back further.
I solder a piece of copper between the two.

Terry, the installation instructions for both devices say it's 2.75 inches from the stringer to the finish wall. If anything, it seems like the diverter bonnet is a bit proud compared to the valve body. I guess my question is, can I mount them both to the same 2x4 if the depth is correct for the valve body?

I saw someone else mention that I should dry fit the trim and see how much room I have, so I will try that as well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks