Bathroom sink faucets

Users who are viewing this thread

dave94

Reaction score
I was looking at under my bathroom sinks to start replacing the faucets and the water supply is hooked up with the hoses that are used for toilets. They have the 7/8" ballcock nuts on the end. Another problem is the union that the hose is attached to the shutoff valve is all one piece. The hose cannot be replaced without cutting the shutoff valve off of the existing CPVC under the sink. I think my home manufacturer was doing this to save money but finding faucets that use that are uncommon. The new faucets have a female 3/8", looks like NPT, end that would normally screw into the shutoff.

Does anyone know of any adapters? I have looked all over Lowes and Home Depot and cannot find anything. I want to avoid cutting all the shutoff valves if I can.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
How could they connect to your faucet with a toilet valve connection. The two connections are completely different, but in any case, your best option would be to eliminate the valves you now have and install new ones so that the faucet's hoses can connect directly to them.

Reach4

Reaction score
I was looking at under my bathroom sinks to start replacing the faucets and the water supply is hooked up with the hoses that are used for toilets. They have the 7/8" ballcock nuts on the end. Another problem is the union that the hose is attached to the shutoff valve is all one piece. The hose cannot be replaced without cutting the shutoff valve off of the existing pvc under the sink. I think my home manufacturer was doing this to save money but finding faucets that use that are uncommon. The new faucets have a female 3/8", looks like NPT, end that would normally screw into the shutoff.

Does anyone know of any adapters? I have looked all over Lowes and Home Depot and cannot find anything. I want to avoid cutting all the shutoff valves if I can.
Do you have a make and model?

Are you saying that the faucet has permanently attached ~12 inch long flex lines, and you are looking at at captive female threads on the free ends?

How about a photo of the problem part.

dave94

Reaction score
How could they connect to your faucet with a toilet valve connection. The two connections are completely different, but in any case, your best option would be to eliminate the valves you now have and install new ones so that the faucet's hoses can connect directly to them.
Underneath, the water hooks up to a 2 different toilet valves for the hot and cold water.

dave94

Reaction score
Do you have a make and model?

Are you saying that the faucet has permanently attached ~12 inch long flex lines, and you are looking at at captive female threads on the free ends?

How about a photo of the problem part.

This is what is under my sink. The problem is that there is no way to disconnect the hose. The left valve is the one I have so I cannot replace the hose without replacing the entire valve, which I want to avoid if I can. Somehow the home manufacturer found some faucets that connect to the water the same way a toilet does.

shutoff_corragated_replace.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
Got it. The lines under your sink have the supply line permanently connected to the valve. The other end of the supply line does not fit the new sink. I suspect that your flex lines under the sink are 1/2 inch nominal, which would be about 0.79 inch.

You did not post a photo of the your actual problem area(s).

If you had valves like in your picture, the one on the left looks like a compression valve. Replacing the valve should work. You might or might not need a ferrule puller depending on if the existing nuts fit your new valves.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The corrugated supplies in the picture work with either a 1/2" nut for lav faucets or a 7/8" nut for toilets. You also need the matching size rubber cone washers. The tubing and shutoff is the same for both size nuts. Plumbers refer to these shutoffs as one-time use shutoffs. The second time you bend them they can crack.
Now if the time to replace them especially since your new faucets require going to 3/8" compression.

brasscraft-shutoff.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks