Search results

1. Banjo Bud

What is this valve and how do I use it?

I’m at my dads house and he has hot water heat. The hot water tank needed a new pressure relief valve so I had to drain a few gallons from the tank to install a new valve. Then of course I had to get air out of the system as i refilled it. I did that by opening the pump at one end. All went well...
  2. Banjo Bud

Educate me

What exactly do these numbers mean? If the pump is at 49’ and the well is 50’, could this be why my dad gets silt in his filter quickly?
  3. Banjo Bud

Bad pressure tank?

How do I know if my pressure is bad? Is there a test I can perform? I’m concerned the bladder is bad. The tank is 27 years old and is a 20 gallon. Thanks.
  4. Banjo Bud

How high can a jet pump push water?

I know they can pull water from a maximum of 25’ but after the water gets to the pump, how far can it push it?
  5. Banjo Bud

Had a scare but all is ok

yesterday I was sitting in the kitchen and heard my pump running. I had just come from the bathroom so I figured the toilet was filling up. But the pump didn’t quit. So I went to check the toilet and it had stopped filling. But the pump was still running. Now I’m concerned I have a leak...
  6. Banjo Bud

How to use a submersible pump

Here’s the situation. I have a 4” PVC pipe coming out of an underground spring on a hillside. It is a horizontal pipe. I capped the pipe off with a well cap and put a 1 1/4” PVC pipe through the well cap and am pulling water from it with a jet pump. So the foot valve is horizontal. It has worked...
  7. Banjo Bud

How I flush my HW tank

I'm not sure this is the "approved" way to flush a tank but it works well for me. I turn the inlet water off, then hook a hose to the drain. I open the drain and at the same time I open the pressure relief valve. Then I have a fitting that fits at the end of the pipe that comes out of the relief...
  8. Banjo Bud

Water test lab

What’s a good place to send water to to get tested for drinking? I tested it here locally when I first installed my well but I’m thinking I should test it again. Would like to try an online place.
  9. Banjo Bud

Water heater question

The elements on my electric tank have corrosion around the mounting plate. Looks like what you’d see on a car battery. I keep up with tank draining and replaced the anode rod 4 years ago. But the tank is 14 years old. Do I need to worry? I have a water softener and an acid neutralizer tank and...
  10. Banjo Bud

How deep without hitting water. I’ve always wondered

They say that anywhere on this earth that you drill a hole, you’ll likely hit water. It’s just a matter of how deep. So in 2010, 33 miners in chili were rescued at a depth of 2300’ by drilling a hole down to them and bringing them up one by one in a capsule. How did they drill that deep without...
  11. Banjo Bud

Pressure on suction side

I’m just curious how much pressure is on the suction pipe of my shallow well pump when the pump is off. Is it the same as the pressure pipe (60)?
  12. Banjo Bud

Water not soft anymore

We had a Hague system put in 13 years ago. Within the last year or so, it seems the water isn’t soft anymore. It backwashes once a week like it always has. I haven’t changed the brand or type of salt. There is an acid neutralizer tank also, and I do know that these ad hardness to the water, but...
  13. Banjo Bud

Can a well cause hot water problems?

I had city water for years. Never had a hot water problem. I could take a shower while the washing machine was filling or someone else was washing dishes. Any two or three things could be going on at once without any problem. 2 years ago I put a shallow well pump in. The calculated output of the...
  14. Banjo Bud

How to raise PH more

I have an acid neutralizer tank in line before my water softener. The PH tank is the first thing my well water goes through. For years I have had trouble getting my PH to 7.0, neutral. My PH tank is 12" in diameter and about 36" tall. I guess this calculates to about 2 cubic feet. Right now it...
  15. Banjo Bud

Plugged toilet or drain?

When my father in laws toilet Is flushed, it goes down ok but not as fast as it did a week ago. If you throw TP in it, then flush, the water rises in the bowl to almost overflow, then takes maybe 3 minutes to drain. Then, an hour later it goes back to flushing ok but not great again. I snaked...
  16. Banjo Bud

What is ground water?

If a well is 10’ deep, are you drinking ground water? What about 20’, 30’, 50’? Where is the line between ground water and underground water? Isn’t all water essentially ground water? Didn’t it all come from above ground At one point? This is a serious question.
  17. Banjo Bud

Jet pump vs shallow well pump

Is there a difference between these two? I have a Gould’s J5SH. Which is this?
  18. Banjo Bud

Small tank CSV issue

Mostly a question for Valveman. I have a PK1A setup which works great. However, I did run into a small issue I’m not sure how to solve. Our power went out Sunday and was out for nearly 2 days. I have a generator so I hooked it into my transfer switch. My main concerns were the freezer, fridge...
  19. Banjo Bud

Underground wire and conduit

I know codes are different everywhere but speaking of the majority of codes, if I run my wire underground inside of conduit, do I still need to use underground wire? Or can I use regular wire?
  20. Banjo Bud

Rebuild of Goulds J5SH

I want to plan ahead for if my pump fails so I need to order a rebuild kit.....I think. My question is should I order a rebuild kit for the pump or bearings for the motor, or both? When a pump like this goes bad, what usually is the problem? The pump or motor? Or should I order an entire new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks