Pressure on suction side

Users who are viewing this thread

Banjo Bud

Reaction score
I’m just curious how much pressure is on the suction pipe of my shallow well pump when the pump is off. Is it the same as the pressure pipe (60)?

Fitter30

Reaction score
If the foot valve is working properly as soon as the pump turns off it closes should maintain a close pressure if it drops its leaking.

Banjo Bud

Reaction score
No. Everything is fine and working perfectly. I’m just curious of what the pressure in the suction is when the pump is off. Would it be the same 60 psi as the pressure side? Or is it different?

Reach4

Reaction score
Same. If I had a suction pump, I think I would put a combination vacuum+pressure gauge on the vacuum side. Of course the more stuff on that side, the more likelihood of a a suction leak.

I think it could be useful to roughly indicate how much water is in the well, currently, while pumping.

pfq791-3.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks