Search results

1. BIGBREW

Grand Aire Code

Getting three fast and four slow on Grand Aire Furnace. Just pulled the motor and made sure the radiator was clean.
  2. BIGBREW

Water Retention Tank

Looking for a 40-60 gallon water retention tank to put in after my peroxide injection and before my air injection to increase contact time. What are you using? Local place wants $400 for a 40 gallon tank.
  3. BIGBREW

Stumped on Fleck 2510 AIO

My dilemma continues. Back story. I have peroxide and air injection to combat sulfur. Air injection was taking care of about 90% of it so I added the peroxide and it worked great. Seal blew, rebuilt the head but it was not back to when it was good. The piston then broke so I rebuilt it again...
  4. BIGBREW

Media removal

How do you remove your media without flipping the tank over and dumping it out. That would be my usual attack plan but right now I only have one strong hand. There a secret to being able to hold a drink in the bad hand while I do this?
  5. BIGBREW

Pick Your Brains For Some Air Circulation

I work in a Government office building and my office gets pretty warm from time to time. The temperature outside my office is cooler and there is no airflow....at all. I used to use a little fan to circulate air around my house when I used to have a wood burning stove in my house. I can mount...
  6. BIGBREW

Solar Panel To Assist Heating 24 ft Above Ground Pool

I live in Upstate New York and our pool season is not the longest. With the price of fuel right now I don't really want something that I have to plumb into my propane tank. I am looking for a solar panel that I can put up in the back yard. My yard gets a ton of sun and my pool stays in the 70...
  7. BIGBREW

Water tank bad after 3 years

Oh my water drama continues. Never thought I would say that. So I got my air injection head fixed finally. Different piston depending on how you are going to use it (softener/AIO). Last week my 3yo AO Smith commercial 50 gal direct vent hot water tank started leaking. Lucky for me it was still...
  8. BIGBREW

Fleck 2510 Slip Ring

Why is this ring such a pain in the A$$. Every time I snug the head down with the slip ring the damn thing leaks out of the top of the tank, I have put new o rings in, taken the slip ring out and just used the o ring. Is there a secret to this, I am about ready to take this tank out in the...
  9. BIGBREW

Fleck 2510 Rebuild

Have not been on the forum in quite some time, so hello to all you guys out here. Hope everyone is doing well. I used to be on the forum because I had sulfur issues. I was running a Fleck AIO, to a softener then to a UV light. I still had a little issue with sulfur so I added a small shot...
  10. BIGBREW

Peroxide injection = Less Sediment?

Recently added a small shot of peroxide to my other water treatment. Plumbed it in before my sediment filter which is before air injection and softener. I used to have to change a sediment filter every week and they were black. Took one out today after three weeks and it's still white. Does...
  11. BIGBREW

Fleck 2510 Settings

Good evening gents. Just serviced my tank and switched to KL. What should my settings be on the AIO? 1.5 cu ft 10x54 tank.
  12. BIGBREW

Still have stinky water.

Hello Gents. Hope everyone is staying safe in this crazy time. I have made several posts about my stinky water. Currently I have sediment filter then air injection, softener, a UV light then into the house. Our water with this is usually pretty good but every once in a while we will get a...
  13. BIGBREW

Stuck in Regen

Posting for a friend who is joining the fourm. Air injection stuck in regeneration. Here is a picture of their head .
  14. BIGBREW

Thumping coming from duct work

I am getting a thumping in my duct work at the end of a cycle. Anyone have any secrets in how to find the darn thing. It's making me nuts running downstairs every time the furnace cycles through.
  15. BIGBREW

Upsizing air injection

Good day gentlemen, hope everyone is doing well with the upcoming holidays. I currently have a 1.5 cu ft air injection system for sulfur on a two day regen cycle. I tried a 1 day and that made our water stink all the time. I think this does an ok job but I think there is room for improvement. I...
  16. BIGBREW

Yearly service/ water pressure

First of all I would like to say thank you in advance to everyone who has taken the time to answer my questions in the past. I can't afford to call someone every time something needs attention My system is about a year old so I want to check it over. Been fighting some pressure issues but I...
  17. BIGBREW

How many microns?

Thinking about putting in a 50 micron spin down filter that Reach mentioned so I don't have to keep spending money on replacement filters. After the spin down filter I have an air injection carbon tank, softener and uv light. How many microns will the carbon tank filter down to? Should I...
  18. BIGBREW

Sediment filter

Hopefully I am asking this question in the right place. I currently have a 10" sediment filter on my system. I started off using the 10" wound filters from Home Depot, that would usually last me about a month I bought some 20 micron polypropylene filters online just because I could buy them in...
  19. BIGBREW

Bathroom vents

Recently put up a modular home. Bathroom vents they put in the house sounded like vacuum cleaners so I replaced them with nice quiet ones. I rerouted them a little because of the bend I had to make so I used hard pipe between the first and second floor, then insulated flex line from there to...
  20. BIGBREW

Attic baffles

I need to finish my second floor and I'm not quite sure the best way to go about doing the insulation. I will need to add attic baffles to let the air move under my roof. The ceiling in the room will be at letter C. Do I run the baffles from A to C or B to C so that whole cold zone has room to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks