Bathroom vents

Users who are viewing this thread

BIGBREW

Reaction score
Recently put up a modular home. Bathroom vents they put in the house sounded like vacuum cleaners so I replaced them with nice quiet ones.

I rerouted them a little because of the bend I had to make so I used hard pipe between the first and second floor, then insulated flex line from there to the roof vent in the cold zone.

I'm in the process of finishing the second floor and the piece of flooring I had to pull up to work from the top of the second floor was still loose.

I checked the fan to make sure everything was ok and I noticed the cellulose insulation around the hard pipe was damp. Im guessing since the second floor is still not heated the hard pipe is getting cold, we turn on the bathroom fan and get condensation on that hard pipe.

The second floor will be heated in a few weeks as I am finishing it now but I would like to double my reassurance to make sure it's not causing a problem down the road after i finish this area.

What should I wrap around that hard line to make sure there isn't a condensation issue once I have flooring down and can't get to it easy?

Attachments

• 20181112_100602.jpg
    20181112_100602.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 178
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks