Yearly service/ water pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

BIGBREW

Reaction score
First of all I would like to say thank you in advance to everyone who has taken the time to answer my questions in the past. I can't afford to call someone every time something needs attention

My system is about a year old so I want to check it over. Been fighting some pressure issues but I think that's my sediment filter. Reach has been a huge help along the way.

I need to replace my UV bulb, want to add a gauge after my sediment filter just to help keep track of things.

I want to flush my pressure tank and check the air pressure in it. I have a Well X Trol WX-203 (32 gal) 30-50 switch that's on at 32 and off at 52 right now. Install a spin down filter and move my sediment filter before my light.

Any tips to tweaking this at all or just leave it be if everything checks out?

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
32/52 is kind of low pressure. Then you loose some of that through the filter. I would turn my pressure switch up to 40/60 at least. Got to make up for what you loose through the filter.

Reach4

Reaction score
3.5 turns CW on the 3/8 nut on the big spring in the pressure switch will raise the cut-in by about 10 psi.

So if you change to 42/62, you would set the air precharge to 40 psi (2 psi below cut-in for a submersible pump). It is unlikely to be a problem, but make sure you are not at the limits of the pressure your pump can generate by watching that the pressure rise does not slow a lot as the needle approaches cut-off.

Midriller

Reaction score
Just remember as you increase your pressure in the tank, you decrease your cycle time (water capacity), a CSV or larger tank can make things more even and less cycles. Also are you using the UV for Coliform bacteria? Pre or Post Softener? just curious

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks