Upsizing air injection

Users who are viewing this thread

BIGBREW

Reaction score
Good day gentlemen, hope everyone is doing well with the upcoming holidays. I currently have a 1.5 cu ft air injection system for sulfur on a two day regen cycle. I tried a 1 day and that made our water stink all the time. I think this does an ok job but I think there is room for improvement. I was thinking about upsizing my mineral tank to 2.0 cu ft with new media and reusing the control head from my 1.5 cu ft tank.

Thoughts, experiences?

Thank you in advance.

Reach4

Reaction score
Sounds good to me. I am not a pro. What media? You will want to increase the backwash (DLFC) with about the square of the diameters. So with a 12 inch tank instead of a 10, you want about 1.44x as much backwash. Will your well pump do that?

BIGBREW

Reaction score
Reach I was hoping you would comment. I should have added we are now a family of 4 and im sure our water consumption will just increase. I believe I have Katalox in there now. I can probably refuse some if it it's only been in service about a year and a half. Yea I should never have a water problem where I am it just stink .

I can grab another tank pretty cheap, and add some media. Swapping the head won't be hard just make some adjustments in the settings for the bigger tank.

Reach4

Reaction score
I can grab another tank pretty cheap, and add some media. Swapping the head won't be hard just make some adjustments in the settings for the bigger tank.
DLFC, maybe extend or cut down the distributor tube.

Going from a 10x54 to a 12x52 would mean cutting. That is not a great increase in media volume.

I would check the DLFC to see if you have enough backwash now. What is the valve you are using?

I believe I have Katalox in there now.
What do you base that on? Since KL is a premium media, if there was ambiguity, you may have something else.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks