Well pump replacement, never seen this!! Help please :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Arizona.pioneer

Reaction score
Ok this might be a lengthy post but the picture pretty much explains my dilemma. I'm just baffled on how to free up and remove the pipe from the casing in this particular setup. I tried to upload a video but apparently the file is too big :/

IMG_0694.JPG

IMG_0713.JPG
IMG_0714.JPG

Basically, the inner pipe with the pump connected at the bottom makes a 90 degree turn about 2 feet below the top of the casing. It goes THROUGH the casing and continues underground to an auxiliary shed about 20 feet away where it finally pokes up through the concrete. My issue is trying to disconnect from the 90 degree fitting which is what the picture shows. I can't imagine them designing the well without being able to pull the pipe up to change the pump. It seems to have some sort of quick disconnect (again, this is what the picture shows) but I cannot figure out how it functions and get this damn pipe disconnected so we can pull and change the pump. Anybody else have a setup like this? Let me know if you do! Maybe it's just an idiot proof connection and I'm overlooking a simple detail. Any help is appreciated!

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
You have to screw in a lift pipe so it can be pulled up. It could be very heavy depending on how much and what kind of pipe you have. It would be best to contact a well company for that type of removal. That type of well connection is called a pitless adapter

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'm going to guess that's probably #10 and possibly #8 pump cable based on the size in relation to the pitless. The bigger the pump cable, the bigger the pump and the deeper it could be set. Is there a control box? How many horsepower is the pump? Do you know how deep the well is? The pump may be hung on steel pipe which would best because you would not stand a chance of getting it out of the pitless and getting hurt.

Please call someone who knows what they're doing.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks