Water Line behind the toilet - HELP

Users who are viewing this thread

Kburkhal

Reaction score
I am replacing a builder grade Briggs toilet in the master bathroom. It is a 12" rough-in and purchased the Toto Entrada as a replacement. I pulled the old toilet and went to place the Toto and it does not fit. The water line is 3" from the wall and 2" left of center of the flange. I swear nothing in this house is built to standard...I did a quick search on Toto website and even the 10" rough-in Drake goes back 10".

From the spec sheet, it looks like a Kohler Cimarron will fit but I certainly prefer a Toto. Any recommendations?

We are down to 1 working toilet in the house since I already gutted the other main bath. So some quick help is needed before my wife fires me and gets a hotel room LOL.

Kburkhal

Reaction score
What kind of pipe is coming from the wall? Sometimes there is a way to 90 over to the left.

1/2”copper coming up through the floor. It is 2” left of center from the flange (12” rough in) and 3” from the wall so only 8” between the flange center and the water supply.

I looked at specs for the Cimarron and Cadet 3 and both appeared to fit. I got the Cadet 3 (after waiting an hour at homedepot for help). it’s installed now. If there is a Toto that will work, I may swap it out and put the Cadet downstairs.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Do you have access from below? It may not be all that hard to move the line.

Otearai

DIY Engineer
Reaction score
I did a quick search on Toto website and even the 10" rough-in Drake goes back 10".

From the spec sheet, it looks like a Kohler Cimarron will fit but I certainly prefer a Toto. Any recommendations?

If the Kohler Cimarron will fit, chances are that the Kohler Betello also will fit. We have had a Toto Vespin II in our downstairs bathroom for ten years (it works well), but 53 weeks ago (2019 July 25), we replaced the old lowboy commode in our upstairs bathroom with an ADA height Kohler Betello. Having finished a year during which we have had both the Vespin II and the Betello at our, um, disposal, we have concluded that, by any important criterion, the Betello is at least the equal of the Vespin II, and in two areas (whether a two-flush, three-flush, or plunger-assisted action ever is needed; and how often the bowl needs to be cleaned and how easy it is to clean the bowl routinely), the Betello is superior to the Vespin II.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks