water leaking out of tub??

Users who are viewing this thread

GabeS

Remodel Contractor
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a perfectly level tub, however when someone takes a shower, the water drips down the front wall and when it reaches the tub of the tub, instead of flowing into the tub, it travels along the wall and drips outside the side of the tub. I was thinking of putting a line of silicone where the water leaks out and try to redirect the water back inside the tub. Not sure if it will work. Any other ideas or solutions would be appreciated.

Gabe

GabeS

Remodel Contractor
Reaction score
Tell me that I have not just stumped the plumbing world with this question.

GabeS

Remodel Contractor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Do you know where I can get them? I googled water wings, and a bunch of swim aids for kids came up.

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Pintchik, on Flatbush & Bergen, used to have them. Not sure if they still do. That little hardware store on 5th, across from the Key Foods & next door to the bike shop? They'll either have em, or know who does.

I suppose I should ask which part of Brooklyn you're in, none of this might be close to you... I know I asked you before, ages ago, but I don't remember.

Be warned, those triangle generally aren't the prettiest of solutions. They're plastic, they're white, they caulk into place.

GabeS

Remodel Contractor
Reaction score
I suppose I should ask which part of Brooklyn you're in, none of this might be close to you... I know I asked you before, ages ago, but I don't remember.

I'm in Greenwood. That's very close to me. I will get them when I have a chance. I know it won't be pretty, but I don't think I have a choice. It's leaking out and ruining the bottom of the vanity which is made of particle board.

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
I still can't figure out how to quote only a portion of someone's post.

When you erase the bits of the quote you don't need, make sure not to erase the stuff that's in square brackets:

"QUOTE=so&so;1234560", at the beginning of the quote, and
"/QUOTE" at the end

... and don't delete the brackets, themselves, either.

Stuff inside square brackets, is instructions to the software about how to format the text. More info/explanation, here:

https://terrylove.com/forums/misc.php?do=bbcode

scroll down to "usage" and it'll all start to make sense.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks