Vortech Tank

Users who are viewing this thread

Coyote Paws

Reaction score
I recently ordered a new softener from an online dealer (48k Fleck 5600SXT). Following the advice here, I opted for a standard tank with a gravel underbed. However the dealer sent me Vortech tank with no gravel.

Reading some threads here, it seems like a number of people are opposed to the Vortech tanks due to difficulty of servicing; that the standard tanks are more reliable; and that the Vortech aren't worth the additional cost. Now these tanks are listed at $80 more than standard tanks, so I basically got a free upgrade. Should I keep it or swap it out for a standard tank? Are the Vortech tanks more prone to failure?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
They had some problems in the past, these seem to have been resolved. I have not seen an issue in a couple years so all appears good. I would use it if I were you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks