Is Vortech hybrid tank long lasting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Allen245

Reaction score
I plan to install a water softener in my home. I need both carbon and resin. There are two solutions now, one is called hybrid tank, the other is twin tank. The hybrid tank is using 2 vortech plates(middle and bottom) to separate carbon tank and resin tank, the twin tank is traditional tank, one tank for carbon, one tank for resin, without vortech plates. Both solutions are using Fleck 5810 valves.

I currently prefer hybrid plan since it cost less(at least $400 less, twin tank uses two valves and two tanks), occupy less space. But I am concerning how reliable this kind of tank is? Can this kind of tank last for more than 10 years? Do they perform good as they advertised? I studied in this forum that if this kind of tank break, it need to replace the whole thing.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
I sure wonder how you get that middle plate in place after the bottom media is in. Does it unfurl like an umbrella? Is it two half-disks, and you rotate one half-disk? And then can the bottom media get swapped later? I am not saying you should know, but somebody probably does.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
The Vortech tank design is very unique. It uses a tube with end caps rather then a blow molded single piece tank. This allows them to weld in the plates in the bottom, middle, really anywhere they want. Removing the media from the lower chamber is difficult to say the least, but we have just finished a tool that makes media extraction very simple. Either way is very reliable, the main difference is the size limitations of the midplate vortech. With two tanks, you can put in any size you want, with the single tank design, there are definite limits.

Allen245

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I decide to go with two tank solution instead of this hybrid one.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks