Toto Drake Ada....Sticky Porcelain bowl

Users who are viewing this thread

cbp

Reaction score
Several months ago I purchased and installed a Drake ADA. We enjoy it so much we wish to put another in our Guest bath.

One lil problem seems the porcelain in the bowl appears to be sticky and wash down is not always as clean as expected.

I read somewhere I should order the Drake with the Sanigloss finish. I thought that's what I bought the first time. Evidently not.

What model number should I specifically order to get the sanigloss finish this time?

Thank you.:confused:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I don't know of any CST744 ADA Drakes with CEFIONTECT.
I've heard that a special order of 100 or more can be had with it.
There were non ordered that way for the Seattle area that I know of.

CEFIONTECT is designated by the letter G in the numbering system.
I have seen the CST744SG-01, which is a standard height elongated bowl with CEFIONTECT. I always carry those.

The Drake II, CST454CEFG does have CEFIONTECT and a tall bowl.
Cotton White
Colonial White
Sedona Beige
Bone

Last edited:

cbp

Reaction score
Thanks Terry;

Since we are retired we want to stay with the ADA if possible.

Any suggestion as to coatings or ? It is a minor annoyance but the Drake far exceeds our operational expectations.

I want to check out that CEFIONTECT elongated unit.... I've have a couple Ideas that might make it work.:D

maemom

Reaction score
I am having the same problem with the Toto ADA Clayton. Love the function but it is not always clean. I am working on finding a good cleaner. Preferably one that is in the tank and cleans with every flush. See the kaboom post. Please share any ideas you have. Ours is also the bathroom guest use.

cbp

Reaction score
I have calcium in my water supply here in Eastern WA.:( I've been using the Kaboom dispensers with some success.:) (Wife loves em!) In my Drake and a 40 year old toilet. Along with regular cleaning with CLR Bathroom and Kitchen cleaner. I'm going to try the Cleaner with Teflon too.

geepondy

Reaction score
Where do you get the cleaner with Teflon? Is it available at a place like Walmart?

maemom

Reaction score
I have found it at Lowes, Home Depot, K-Mart and Wegman's but not at Walmart.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks