Toto Bowl and Tank Combo for Washlet C5

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
As the last item in our recently completed bathroom remodel, we decided to get a Toto Washlet C5. I assumed that it would fit on our existing Kohler Santa Rosa toilet, which it does not. The one-piece design won't allow the Washlet to be mounted far enough back. As pointed out in other threads, it's hard (at least I couldn't do it) to find Toto toilets with the T40 hole that aren't also sold with a Washlet. I downloaded a number of spec sheets from Toto's website for their Washlet-equipped toilets and found a bowl / tank combo that we like. Each is used in multiple factory Washlet-equipped combinations, but I can't find where they're used together.

Is there any reason why we couldn't use a C776CEGT40 bowl with a ST746EMA tank? I can easily order both for pick up in a few days at the local big box.

Also, aside from the wax ring for between the flange and the bowl, would I have all the parts I need to do the install?

Thanks!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
cst746-terrylove-12.jpg

ST746E tank with a 2" flush valve

st776ea-terrylove-0.jpg

ST776EA with a 3" flush valve

The 746 dual flush is not compatible with the 776 tanks.

By the way, I sell the CST776CEFG-01 for $282.00 for a complete toilet less seat.
Same price if it's a Connect bowl too. I don't ship though, just local to the Seattle area.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks, Terry! Glad I asked. That would have been a disappointing thing to discover after getting everything home. Wouldn't be the first time...The Santa Rosa I'll be replacing is a chair-height model I bought accidentally many years ago. I'll be glad to see it go.

Seattle would be a pretty long drive from southern California, even for a good price like that! I found an online outfit that somehow has the C776CEGT40 bowl and ST776EA tank for a decent price with free delivery.

Thanks again for your help!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks