Thank you, plumbers!

Users who are viewing this thread

leelee77

Reaction score
I know that some plumbers are not working right now while others are under a lot of pressure with a heavy work load. This seems like an especially tough time to be a plumber. I was thinking about all of you when I read this article https://www.seattletimes.com/nation...rus-infections-could-be-found-in-your-toilet/

I just wanted to say thank you to all of you and to those who answer our questions and help us on this forum so that we can manage to get things fixed on our own, thank you!

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
You're welcome. You know we are just volunteers, and someday we'll get a dozen donuts from an appreciative poster.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I have been mainly staying home during this, partly because of my age range. I'm trying to wait it out. I did do a few jobs this week, one a water heater in a garage where the homeowner stayed inside and had wiped everything down before I got there. They have been staying home for eight weeks.
I did a job yesterday for someone from my high school years, a friend of an ex. They have been walking together in the same over 50 complex and staying home too. None of us have seen our grandkids for quite some time now.

Earlier in the day I had swung through the parking lot of a Home Depot thinking I would look for face masks but the lot was full and way too many people. I kept on driving.
If I need plumbing supplies, the wholesalers I work with will bring out what I need with a phone call from the van, and put them in the back while I stay a long distance away. They email me the paperwork.

I have been turning down a lot of work and expect that to continue for a while. The kitchen faucet I replaced yesterday was hours long. I wound up replacing the disposer as whoever had installed it originally had it barely on the collar and it was badly rusted. There was no access to the faucet for removal and it was most of my strength to remove it by putting two sockets together to drop it down far enough past the bowl of the sink to allow me to put some muscle into it. The drain from the wall needed to be cut back, the basket on the other side wasn't sealing so that got sawzalled out. She had been told she could just Youtube it and it would be easypeazy. Nope, I was pretty sore when I finally got home that night. And as I was getting ready to leave, the ex came by and wanted me to look at her Mixet shower valve and asked me about a solution to make it easier for her to use with her arthritic wrists. Yep, old age catching up with some of us.

We are getting lot's of homeowners the last few weeks asking questions here. More stay at homes with time on their hands, and harder to get plumbers out to do the work too. Some projects will be waiting for things get better. My mom lived to be 102 and I would like to at least live longer that what I am today. She lived through the Spanish Flu in 1918 when kids didn't go to school and the State of Washington shut down for a long time. I figure I can do that too. At least be very, very careful. I have a few Facebook friends that aren't buying that we have a real thing going on, and I do hope that they will consider the rest of us when they move about. I plan on getting some projects done on my home in the meantime. Take care folks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks