Supply Valve Spacing

Users who are viewing this thread

Thomas K

Reaction score
Just wondering. I am installing new copper stub outs with PEX supply lines in bathroom tomorrow. Since it's a 35" tall dual sink vanity going in (36" with quartz top), with wide spaced faucets, should the stub outs be spaced accordingly? I mean should each supply valve be directly beneath its intended faucet stem? Or does it matter? I was planning on spacing them around 7 1/2" apart.

Height of water supply valves will be 24".

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I normally do 8" spacing, which translates to 4" on center if you're counting the drain in the center.
It doesn't really matter though in a cabinet. The main thing is being able to cut the stubouts easily. You could also mount them vertically, though that could be confusing, as we normally plumb hot to the left. And if I do stub out vertically, hot is high.

Thomas K

Reaction score
Thanks, Terry! Eight inch spacing centered with drain pipe sounds good. I haven't installed tub yet, but haven't forgotten that ledger board advice you gave me!

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
8 is pretty standard but I've done 4 inches so that they wont show on pedestal lavs. Some times a stud is in the way and if I'm a little pickey ill just make my water stub so its esthetically even looking even 10 inches isn't going to look horrible to me if every thing symmetrical coming out same heights and not crooked .

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks