Overthinking Bathroom dual sink water connections with PEX A?

Users who are viewing this thread

Igman

Reaction score
DCBFA056-EED2-427D-8D8F-4EC3FE1C5480.jpeg

Redoing dual sink rough in for wall hung vanity. Restricted with space due to the vanity being in three sections (18" Open cabinet, 24" drawers, 18" open) and the trap and water shutoffs will be on either end in the 18" open cabinet (no shelves or drawers). Should I "t" off the line and go straight into the wall bracket? I have escutcheons and necessary hardware for the Pex A, just curious if the "T" is the way to go? Is there a preferred method when turn-off are on the same plane but the lines are at different heights? Hope that makes sense...

JoeJee

HVAC Contractor
Reaction score
Not fully understanding but also not paying close attention because it is Sunday night. What size of pex? Can you draw what you are planing?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
sorry can't understand the question the waters should be ok like that provided they are clear of popup rod . they are way close together the escutions might clear each other. you mentioned something about having the waters at different heights you can do that looks a bit hokey and don't know why but other than it looking a little odd isn't a crime .
I prefer the copper stubouts too though my house is PEX with pex stubouts I am in no hurry to change it.

Igman

Reaction score
I apologize for the lack of clarity-having a difficult time articulating my question.

Basically, I have the hot and cold lines (1/2" Pex A) originating from the base plate and are in the same plane (parallel) and traveling from left to right. My question is on how best to drop the lines to the level where I want/need the shutoff valves. I was going to to use "T's" from the horizontal lines and a 90* to to run through the wall (and vanity back). Not sure if this drawing helps...

Should the water lines be higher than the shutoff? Does it matter? If obstructed, can the shutoffs be lateral to the p trap? I want it to be done properly. My plumber who has done some of the vent and drain work is out and I need to get the vanity hung and quartz measuring, etc.

Attachments

• Note Oct 10, 2022 (3).pdf
    166.5 KB · Views: 75

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Based on the still unclear situation you'd 90 down and then use the copper stub outs to 90 out of the wall.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
I still don't get it? cold on right hot on left use what ever fitting gets you there and is pleasing to the eye you can lower the bracket or raise a little not an exact location no idea why you don't spread them apart a bit

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I prefer to run my hot/cold horizontal a LOT further up or down from where my stub outs will be and make nice graceful arcs up to my stub outs. Using 90's to make small offsets is sort of a pain and IMO looks messy and unplanned.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Having the stub too close not good typically carry 12 , 16 and 20 inch hook ups being high up under a cabinet don't make anything easier

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks