Sump pump check valve position

Users who are viewing this thread

LLeaff001

Reaction score
I've replacing my sump pump and I see there are a couple types of check valves. Is there any reason to select the type that installs in the pipe verses the type that screw into the pumps discharge?

Thanks
valve 2.jpg vavle 1.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Just convenience. I have a pump I work on every so often and I like that I can break the union above the water, lift the pump out of the sump and work above the water level.

LLeaff001

Reaction score
That's what I figured, thanks for the response. I'm putting in dual pumps exiting on one discharge pipe and using the threaded version makes thing easier.

BTW, thanks for running this forum. I've lurked here for years and its been time well spent...

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
zoeller-m53-1.jpg

New pump and check valve that I installed today.

zoeller-m53-2.jpg

I run about 100 feet of 1-1/2" to the street storm system with this. I installed the first one about 40 years ago, and change the pump every so often. It drains about 2 acres, maybe 3.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks