Sump Pump drainage

Users who are viewing this thread

TC77

Reaction score
I have an active sump pump that drains into my front yard and unfortunately the ground can't absorb the water and it is now running onto my sidewalk. I live in Connecticut and the water will freeze soon and I have families walking their kids to a nearby elementary school. From the foundation to the sidewalk is roughly 30 feet and the sump pump drains out to the half way point. We don't have storm drains I can connect to and the town won't allow me to discharge into the street.

I'm thinking I need to dig a hole in my front yard and fill with crushed stone. Don't want to dig out twice so wondering how wide and deep do I need to go. Was thinking 3x3x3 at a minimum but would like to get some feedback.

Thanks guys!

Tim

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
So many elements come in to play on ground absorption. Neighbors experience or city recommendations likely your best bet. Depth

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
In certain areas it is a code violation to allow run off to go on other people's property or onto the sidewalk etc.

Shame you cannot pump into a storm drain / yard drain

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks