Sucking/slurping noise from hot water pipes

Users who are viewing this thread

Kamren

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I've been working on my hot water on my own for a bit now and could really use some opinions moving forward.

I had my hot water line bust not too far from the hot water tank and I discovered the old galvanized pipes to be VERY corroded and obstructing flow likely causing pressure leading to the bust. Ended up having to remove approx 15-20 ft of pipe and replaced it with cpvc. Backflushed the line using the furthest sink in 1/2 bath, water ran through just fine...

When refilling the tank and restoring water to the lines, leaving the back bathroom sink open and the kitchen sink the water flows fine, but when i open the line to the main bathroom both the sink and the tub make this air sucking/slurping noise and sputter small amounts water if any at all. I honestly dont allow this for longer than a few minutes because it makes me nervous. I have tried backflushing from the main bathroom sink but the noise persists.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The best place to run water after a shutdown is the bathtub. There is no aerator on the spout, so any debris can flow without you needing to remove and clean up any screens.

Air in pipes is not a concern when running water after a shutdown. The water will come soon enough.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks