Reaction score
Why

Attachments

• 20171117_130433.jpg
    20171117_130433.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 274

Stuff

Reaction score
Weird or is it a trick picture? T going out the back into an empty space? Looks more like 2" trap connected to 1.5" to the right.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You typically can't share the trap from a WM standpipe, but did they plan a sink or something on the other side of the wall? I'd think when the WM was discharging, it would back up into that lateral.

Reach4

Reaction score
I think plumber69 is saying that the horizontal PEX is cut too long, so instead of going straight up, the verticals are unpleasingly slanted.

Maybe the plumber had cut some too short in the past, and decided to always leave extra? More likely, this was somebody's first time.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
The word "plumber" in the OPs name followed by "in the trades" suggests the OP knows how long to cut everything to form eye-pleasing right angles. My guess is the "they" are the framers that decided to move the whole works over which of course then looks like the plumber did sloppy work.

As for the Tee take-off above the trap, I am grasping at straws to explain. Maybe some sort of clean-out??? As I said, grasping at straws...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
framers SELDOM "move the whole works over" after it gets the "install the plumbing" stage. Anyone can put the word "plumber" in his name. It does NOT have to be what he is, just what he calls himself. Cleanouts do NOT connect to washer standpipes. The go in the "drain lines" the standpipe connects to, and something ANY "competent" plumber would know.