Price Pfister Avante, Replacing Shower Faucet Handle

Users who are viewing this thread

MissRancher

Reaction score
We have a Price Pfister shower handle right now, which is chrome with a round plastic knob controlling the water. I want to replace it with a brushed nickel lever handle. I was hoping it would be a quick switch to remove and replace the plate and the handle, but I can't find a lever handle system that will fit the existing connector.

I took the knob off and took a picture. None of the lever handles I found in the store had a back that would fit on to that plastic bit. I really don't want to have to replace the valve or whatever it is inside the wall, unless that's the only way I can get my lever handle. Should I just keep looking? Is there a name for this type of connection I need to be looking for? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
There is absolutely NO INTERCHANGEABILITY of faucet handles between brands, or even between models on the same brand. You have the Price Pfister Avante. That said, here is a link to your valve and the available trim:

Don't know for sure if any or all of these are still available. Check with PP directly, or a large supply house.

PPScannedparts.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
brands

It is true that there is seldom interchangability between brands, but it is not chiseled in stone, because many manufacturers also supply their brass to other companies. And there can be limited intechangability between models from the same company.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks