Quality PEX valve?

Users who are viewing this thread

Dripdrip

Reaction score
Hi, is there such a thing as a high quality valve with PEX barbs?

I installed a Watts PEX valve a few years ago and wasn't too happy with it.

Am I better off going with adaptors and a threaded ball valve?

(BTW at the moment this is for a shutoff for a frost free hose bib so it's not like it's going to be used very often.)

Thanks!

Dripdrip

Reaction score
Let me try to understand:

You have a quality valve that isn't giving you any problems, you won't be using it very often, but you want to change it anyways?

No, this is for a new situation. I just meant that I wasn't happy with the Watts last time.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You can use ANY compression valve on pex IF you either buy it packed with, or buy extra, reinforcement sleeves and use them. These are often SS, and slip inside of the tubing so it is rigid enough for a compression ring and nut to make the seal. IOW, you don't need a barbed valve at all, you can use one designed for use on copper or cpvc. Those tend to be easier to remove down the road with wrenches rather than trying to cut the crimp ring, or end up cutting the whole thing off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks