PEX A 1/4 turn Ball Valve replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

Steveo1966

Reaction score
I have this 1/4 ball valve to replace, as circled below. It was installed by a plumber 12 years ago during a reno and using PEX A and is an uponor shutoff. It is excercised at least 2-3 times per year as it is a shutoff for a line running to an ouside tap. The valve seems to have failed in that in the full off position it is still leaking some 20+ litres of water per day. The challenge is that it is in a vanity cabinet with limited access with the valve in behind the sink tailpiece/drainpipe.

I have access to a PEX A expansion tool (manual) but I do not believe there is sufficient room here to use that, let alone no way to rotate the pipe or tool. I think a cordless PEX expansion tool would probably be needed here, so am on the hunt to see if I can rent one. Any other thoughts/ideas on how to replace this shutoff? Or if possible, introduce a new shutoff valve using PEX B?

Thanks in advance for any input!

1699412915284.png

1699413952051.png

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks