Pulled my first well pump some questions

Users who are viewing this thread

Randy Sellers

Da"BOSS"
Reaction score
Thank you Trotter oh, I do you know what a torque arrestor is this will be my third one every time I move it a little bit differently because it does wear the wire. I'm glad to hear do not use that. And my previous statement I didn't proofread it was not supposed to say I but rather save valve man. But I've not heard the term standoffs, or castings so that struck my curiosity. Thanks for your answer however I am using black pipe and hopefully soon dropping my pump back in the well.

Reach4

Reaction score

Randy Sellers

Da"BOSS"
Reaction score
I have had the impression that if a torque arrestor is used, the wires stay close to the pipe -- not next to the casing. https://www.wildcatdreams.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/SPcombo2.jpg
I have not actually seen one.

Resized_1_wires_2_9823_zpswktrusii.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Randy Sellers

Da"BOSS"
Reaction score
Neither of the ways you reference will wear the wire.
Well obviously I did not install these correctly then clamps too tight? Not enough when I said clamps I'm not the ones that go around the torque arrestor. I run my wire up next to the pipe

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks