Plumbing New Bathroom - Horizontal Wet Vent

Users who are viewing this thread

Arca

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have been lurking here and have learned quite a bit, thank you.

I am renovating our master bedroom, starting over from a gut job.

I will be plumbing in a new tub, shower, toilet and double vanity. I have read up on wet venting and would like to share my plan with you all to critique. It is hand drawn, so I apologize if I annoy some of you.

If you guys think this is a good plan and I can move with it, I do have one final hiccup/question that I'm embarrassed to admit and can't find anything on it. I am concerned with the maximum allowable distance from trap to vent. Am I measuring from outlet weir to the main 3" drain, or from outlet weir alllll the way to the actual dry vent at the double vanity? I am in trouble if it's the later.

Thank you everyone!

Attachments

• plumbing.png
    plumbing.png
    95.5 KB · Views: 271

Arca

Reaction score
Great, thanks Terry. As far as the distance from trap to vent is concerned, please tell me I measure from outlet weir to main drain and NOT all the way back to the dry vent.

Arca

Reaction score
Hey guys, need to pull this one back up.

I have tried to do my own research but would also like to check with you all.

When making my connection to the 3" trunk, am I going to want to use a wye/45 connection or a long sweep 90? This connection is critical for a wet vent, correct?

Appreciate all your help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks