P Trap in kitchen sink too low

Users who are viewing this thread

Brent

Reaction score
I am doing a remodel and installing a new kitchen sink and cabinets in a 100 year old house. The P trap is too low. I know I can cut the bottom of the cabinet but am not thrilled about it. Is there a way I can make the bottom the clean out and the top hole the plumbing that connects to the p trap?

I did check the top hole and it is not a sanitary tee. It is a threaded tee for a cleanout. I can't tell if the bottom hole is a sanitary tee.

15898313049233139250747089555153.jpg

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If the upper one is a 90 for a cleanout, there where is your vent for that sink? That may have been for an AAV as a vent.
If you use the top one for the p-trap, also install an AAV for venting.
The lower one can be a cleanout.

Brent

Reaction score
If the upper one is a 90 for a cleanout, there where is your vent for that sink? That may have been for an AAV as a vent.
If you use the top one for the p-trap, also install an AAV for venting.
The lower one can be a cleanout.
Maybe I misspoke. The top hole is tee and has been the cleanout. It vents to the roof. The bottom hole has been the drain arm. The cabinets I tore out will real old so they may have provided the space under the sink for a p trap...I don't remember.

With new cabinets I was wondering if I could use the top hole for the drain arm and thus giving me p trap space. Could I the n put the cleanout on the bottom.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks