P Trap in kitchen sink too low

Users who are viewing this thread

Brent

Reaction score
I am doing a remodel and installing a new kitchen sink and cabinets in a 100 year old house. The P trap is too low. I know I can cut the bottom of the cabinet but am not thrilled about it. Is there a way I can make the bottom the clean out and the top hole the plumbing that connects to the p trap?

I did check the top hole and it is not a sanitary tee. It is a threaded tee for a cleanout. I can't tell if the bottom hole is a sanitary tee.

15898313049233139250747089555153.jpg

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If the upper one is a 90 for a cleanout, there where is your vent for that sink? That may have been for an AAV as a vent.
If you use the top one for the p-trap, also install an AAV for venting.
The lower one can be a cleanout.

Brent

Reaction score
If the upper one is a 90 for a cleanout, there where is your vent for that sink? That may have been for an AAV as a vent.
If you use the top one for the p-trap, also install an AAV for venting.
The lower one can be a cleanout.
Maybe I misspoke. The top hole is tee and has been the cleanout. It vents to the roof. The bottom hole has been the drain arm. The cabinets I tore out will real old so they may have provided the space under the sink for a p trap...I don't remember.

With new cabinets I was wondering if I could use the top hole for the drain arm and thus giving me p trap space. Could I the n put the cleanout on the bottom.