S trap to p trap with AAV help

Users who are viewing this thread

michigander321

Reaction score
Pictures are here. I'm trying to replace an old s trap with a p trap and AAV. The drain in this bathroom is in the floor with no option to move it in the wall that is easy (100 year old house, massive beam in the crawl under that wall). Nothing is cut to length yet as I'm trying to figure out connections. From the p trap I'd use a trap adapter to go into a tee. The bottom of the tee would also have a trap adapter and I'd use a 45 double slip joint and section of pipe to another 45 double slip. I figured I'd use the double slip 45 as I know that would be nearly impossible to snake, and because they previously had an s trap there is already a slip adapter glued to the schedule 40 at the floor. I'd attach the AAV on a section of pipe at the top of the tee.

Reach4

Reaction score
I think that will work. What is going on below the shelf?

michigander321

Reaction score
I think that will work. What is going on below the shelf?
Thanks for the reply. There's only one shelf, the one with the outlet. It doesn't go all the way to the back. That's how I get the 45s to go back through the bottom of the vanity. Right at the bottom there is a male trap adapter on the end of the schedule 40 that goes to the crawl.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Its shoddy to have all the tubular joints . any way to get sch 40 up above the shelf to the san tee? otherwise its all good

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks