New pump has no pressure

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog. Water is life.' started by Mike-owens, May 28, 2019.

1. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

That doesn't seem like a statement that I would expect from somebody....

2. kevink1955

kevink1955 Member

wellllllll You just managed to insult 1 of the most knowledgeable people on this forum, I would not expect much more help from here. Several good questions have been asked and the only answer provided has been that you already provided that information, then I guess there is no answer to your question. Hint Hint The pump must be supplied the proper voltage and must be rated for the proper head if it is expected to work. Bonus hint, picking a pump by HP is always a mistake

3. valveman

valveman Cary Austin Staff Member

Pump Controls Technician
    Sometimes just knowing what or how to ask the question helps. 100' of garden hose doesn't help me. Give me numbers. How many GPM's is it making? How much pressure will it build? And what is the actual voltage to the motor and the amps it is drawing? You can have 120V on both legs and still not have the 240V needed to spin the pump at full speed. Usually they won't run on half voltage. But when they do, they only put out about half the flow and pressure. If it is a 20 GPM, 1.5HP and not a 35-40 GPM pump, you don't have a break in the line, and you have 240V to the motor, it should draw 11.8 amps and give 20+ GPM of flow and pressure.