New pump has no pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Kevink1955

Reaction score
wellllllll You just managed to insult 1 of the most knowledgeable people on this forum, I would not expect much more help from here. Several good questions have been asked and the only answer provided has been that you already provided that information, then I guess there is no answer to your question. Hint Hint The pump must be supplied the proper voltage and must be rated for the proper head if it is expected to work. Bonus hint, picking a pump by HP is always a mistake

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Sometimes just knowing what or how to ask the question helps. 100' of garden hose doesn't help me. Give me numbers. How many GPM's is it making? How much pressure will it build? And what is the actual voltage to the motor and the amps it is drawing? You can have 120V on both legs and still not have the 240V needed to spin the pump at full speed. Usually they won't run on half voltage. But when they do, they only put out about half the flow and pressure. If it is a 20 GPM, 1.5HP and not a 35-40 GPM pump, you don't have a break in the line, and you have 240V to the motor, it should draw 11.8 amps and give 20+ GPM of flow and pressure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks