Nervous about new tub quality

Users who are viewing this thread

Kristina#

Reaction score
Hello- my dad will be installing a new tub and direct-to-stud surround for me in the next few months. He is a professional carpenter that normally works for people whose budgets are significantly higher than mine, which is why I’m here instead of just going with what he is familiar with. His only request is to avoid cast iron because of how heavy it is. My budget is ~1k for just the tub itself. I keep coming back to a Kohler acrylic, specifically the Underscore.

The only reason I haven’t just gone ahead and ordered it is that it seems like there are quality control issues based on the “light test”, that people are reporting that the tub cracks a few months or even years into use after following the manufacturer install directions, and also I’m seeing complaints about the overflow and drain design.

I would love any feedback on my concerns or recommendations for acrylic tub brands that should hopefully not flood my basement.

Thanks!

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
I will not install or service any Kohler product

Personally I think you may like Americast .

I did install an acrylic tub over 34 years ago and it still holding up

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks