Mysterious Diverter Valve Issue: Shower Diverter Keeps Moving to Closed Position

Users who are viewing this thread

Mjmonty75

Reaction score
Hello, I am having an issue with my shower and I was hoping to get some advice on what could be causing it. Every morning, I make sure to push down the diverter valve after turning off the shower valve. However, lately I have been noticing that the diverter valve is being found in the closed position at night. I have made a number of posts in the bathroom and around the shower to remind myself to push it down, and I know for a fact that yesterday I did push it down after taking my morning shower. However, when my grandpa checked the shower around 2 AM, the diverter valve was up again.

I have ruled out the possibility of someone else using the shower, as no one else uses that particular shower and I was out all day. I also confirmed with my partner that I did indeed push the diverter valve down before getting out of the shower. The only other possibility I can think of is that it might be related to the other shower in the condo, but I really don't see how that could be possible. The condo is a bit older and I don't know how recently the shower has been replaced.

I am at a loss as to what could be causing this issue, and it is causing a lot of tension between me and my grandparents. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on what could be causing this issue, I would really appreciate the help. Thank you in advance for any advice you can offer.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks