Moving water softener - Advice please

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, Questions and Answers' started by Sigo, May 26, 2021.

1. Sigo

Sigo New Member

In 2015, I purchased and installed a water softener for my current home. It is a 64k grain Fleck 5600SXT with a KDF-55 media filter. Nothing has been done except add salt to the tank since we've owned it. We are on city water. I am moving and would like to take the water softener with me. We are moving to a cabin with well water. I haven't tested the water but some neighbors have posted results from their water tests. Their results show high in manganese and iron. Others report hard water at 300 PPM. I know I will need to test my own water and adjust from there. Will I need to replace the media in the water softener or KDF and if so, to what? Any other recommendations will certainly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. ditttohead

ditttohead Water systems designer, R&D

Water systems designer, R&D, Technical Director
    Get a full water test, well standard is good, see link.
    NTLWATERTEST

If you have high iron, you typically do not want to run that through a media guard. A softener can handle some iron but until we have a thorough test, it is nearly impossible to give a real answer.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement