Moentrol, No water coming out of spouts

Users who are viewing this thread

arnold9289

Reaction score
Okay so, my shower was working, but the knob area was leaking. So my husband and I got a new bathtub set. When my husband took the old stuff off, there was not water spraying everywhere (he didn't shut the water off) and he claims he touched nothing. We are def not plumbers but have general knowledge. Its a Moen single handle pull-out knob. So you pull it to turn on and turn to temp. No posi or anything fancy with water temp. Help!!

Attachments

• 1511299777218.jpg
    1511299777218.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 392

Reach4

Reaction score
B and A are shut-off valves. Maybe your husband shut those off before digging in further, and needs to turn those back on with a big screwdriver.

img_3.jpg

Reach4

Reaction score
I tried turning those any way possible and nothing happened :'(
Clockwise = stop. Counterclockwise= on/open.

I understand you tried both, but make them CCW for your further exploring.

arnold9289

Reaction score
It def has something to do with part C. I turned A and B on (he did shut it off and didn't know it I guess lol) and nothing happened. I started messing with C and I turned it slightly with pliers and water started coming out of the faucet (not a whole lot but it's an improvement) but still leaked out of C (back to our original problem) so do I need to replace C? and if so how do I get it out?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
moentrol-exploded.jpg

The cartridge can be either a 1200 or a 1225
The retainer clip holds the cartridge in place. You lift it out from the top, then you can remove the cartridge, and install a new one. The clip drops into place to hold it.

arnold9289

Reaction score
Thanks guys for your responses!!! I pulled the cartridge and the water worked perfectly, so I got the 1225 cartridge and was smooth sailing from there!! Thank you so much!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks