MOEN shower valve identification

Users who are viewing this thread

Reesa

Reaction score
I have been working on this shower for a long time and am completely stuck on the purchase of a new faucet/trim kit. I threw away the old hardware already which I will never ever do again. Please help.

Is this the MOEN 2400? I have already purchased a 1200 replacement cartridge that I think will work. If it is original to my home then it is likely 1960s/1970s. The old faucet pushed in to turn off and pulled out to turn on with one of those “crystal” handles.

I’m having a hard time finding a trim kit that will be compatible, and I’m thinking at least identifying the valve first will help. I need the shower faucet only, there is no tub I don’t want to replace the entire valve but if it’s necessary, I will. Pic attached

Thanks,
Teresa

A95E0DF2-6145-4CD8-85AC-55D1BFC26725.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
sure looks like a 2400 1200 or 1225 cartridge, your stem looks round though instead of Moen with flat sides. this stuff is super easy to get parts you didn't find everything the first day looking? if the cartridge fits and works then it Moen and you'll need 2400 trim. btw why do you need the old trim?

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Moen had 2 different trims styles for that valve. The Chateau and Legend. The Chateau shower trim is T473 and has a flat escutcheon. You will need to purchase the stop tube separately # 10089. The Legend had a concave escutcheon and is only available aftermarket # ESC3094.

Attachments

• Moen2200.pdf
    23.8 KB · Views: 286
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks