Main floor toilet connection to main vent stack

Users who are viewing this thread

Andy1606

Reaction score
We have replaced our main sewer line out to the street and are in the process of installing new plumbing to the 1st and 2nd floor bathrooms. The 1st and 2nd floor toilets are directly above one another and previously they both drain into the main vent stack which is directly behind them. The cast iron vent stack has been removed and I'm trying to figure out a good way to vent the main floor toilet and re-connect to the main vent stack in the basement. Please see the attached diagram showing my proposed layout. Are there any issues with this?

Also is there an ideal height off the basement floor for the cleanout? Does the cleanout opening need to be in-line with the sewer line or can it be rotated a little, say 30 degrees?

Attachments

• Toilet layout 1 w tex smt.jpg
    Toilet layout 1 w tex smt.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 832
  • Toilet layout 3 sm.jpg
    Toilet layout 3 sm.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 400
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks