Loose Moen shower handle

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Jim Gepner, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Jim Gepner

Jim Gepner New Member

I have a Moen shower faucet installed in 2017 when our spec house was built. The handle keeps getting loose. The problem is the handle adapter. The screw holding the handle adapter to the valve stem keeps getting loose. This is the third time I have had to tighten the handle adapter. Any suggestions on how to keep the handle adapter tight? Note that when I put the adapter on the valve stem (without the screw), it wiggles. So if the screw ever loosens, the handle will wiggle.

2. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida The wife is still training me.

Retired
    Try Loctite Threadlocker but only use the Blue, not the red.

[​IMG]

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    I find that you really have to tighten the screw on those. Othewise, they start off loose and only get worse.