Leaky spiral hose for main kitchen faucet pull-out line - fix without replacement?

Users who are viewing this thread

maple_bar

Reaction score
Basically this is a spiral-type connection line that runs between the faucet and the retractable outletspout, if that makes sense -- it supplies the kitchen sink with water once it's been adjusted by the main knob, which is fed separately by each hot/cold water line.

Problem is that it's leaking pretty badly now, and these things appear to be made so that not even the connectors - the very rare and specialized conectors to each end of the unit, the main stem and the nozzle - can come off this lousy piece of leaky spiral steel flexi coil stock.

A replacement from delta costs bare minimum $87! this is a very minor amount of metal we're talking about here.

What I want to know is: can either this spiral hose stock be cut and coupled with some serous jerry rigging to circumvent the part that leaks? Clamps and sealant and whatnot? And could a different flex hose that connects to a standard kitchen knozzle be used to as a replacement if it were similarly jerry rigged to fit the connector at the base of the faucet? Currently this Delta model uses one of those snap methods that are very proprietary. I'm wondering if some right sized clamping using the highest pressure sorts of clamps would hold it in there and get the job done.

Please let me know if any of this makes enough sense to share some advice with me. Thank you for your time!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IF it had to be repaired it can be done, but I cannot describe to you how to do it, it is somewhat complicated. Call 1-800-345-DELT and they will replace the hose.

maple_bar

Reaction score
Very nice of you to respond, but I'm afraid I'm out of warranty on this item -- picked it up used just a few months ago at some type of hardware resale store. I don't have the documentation to get that kind of quality customer service from a company like them, but - I have nothing to lose by trying, so thanks for giving me their number!

CountryBumkin

Reaction score

The warranty guarantees the parts are free from defects in workmanship and materials. Is a worn part (hose or handle or cartridge, etc.) considered a defect in materials? Probably, but only if the failure happens in a year or two or three after purchase.

Also, from the link provided, Delta (may) require you provide a copy of the receipt.

I learned a while ago that the ink on store receipts fades out in a couple of years, so when the item fails you won't have a receipt to provide.

Tip: If your lucky enough to have a scanner (like a multifunction printer device), scan the receipt to a PDF or JPG and store on your computer. Otherwise take a picture of it on your cell phone and save the photo to your computer.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Delta is very generous with their warranty. Smart and well managed company.

Call them, what do you have to lose.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
1. I have NEVER had to submit a bill of sale, even to replace an entire faucet
2. I have NEVER had a "time limit" on the replacement parts.
3. They have NEVER worried about, or asked, WHY it failed.
CALL THE NUMBER

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks