Replacing kitchen faucet pull-down head question.

Users who are viewing this thread

i002101

Reaction score
Hello Group,

Picture of the faucet I currently have:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Single-...aucet-in-Brushed-Nickel-N88503B2-BN/205031994

The manufacturer of the faucet (My homedepot receipt the brand is "Unbranded" but looking at the warranty and googling the model number, it looks as if Italia faucets is a distributor for a chinese manufacturer called LSH):
http://www.lshfaucet.com/Eproduct.asp?tj=59&lh=150

Context:
I bought the above referenced faucet from Home Depot (not overstock) couple of years ago. It's been a great faucet except for the head. When we bought the faucet it was rather new to the market and had no reviews on Home Depot's website. 2 years later and people have added reviews complaining about the head of the faucet as well. Since I had a bad experience with this faucet head I am looking to replace the "head" only but keep the coiled spring faucet assembly intact since the rest of it works just fine.

The Problem:
The clicker button on the head that allows user to alternate between shower stream and hose stream is of poor design and doesn't work as it should. This switch is not responsive to clicking the user puts. Furthermore, the water pressure coming through it is very week. This is confirmed by removing the head of the faucet and turning the water, witnessing how much extra force the water comes out with. Definitely with more force. Looks like the faucet manufacturer, LSH, is based out of China and they don't even carry replacement heads on their website.

My Question:
Since I am rather novice with plumbing and going off of speculation and memory it seems that each faucet manufacturer has their own unique threading and it is extremely difficult if not impossible to use another manufacturers faucet 'head' to replace the current, poor operating faucet 'head' on this pull down kitchen sink faucet. Can anyone debunk/refute my understanding if this is true or am I incorrect, and I should be able to order generally any drop down faucet replacement head on amazon?

Is there a way to find out what threading pitch I have that would be helpful in finding a replacement head if I am correct?

Basically I would like to know how universal faucet "heads" for "pull-down" kitchen sink faucets are in terms of threading between manufacturers. I can see, what looks like a perfect replacement from another manufacturer, but seem to recall manufacturers make it so threading of faucets don't always crossover from manufacturer to manufacturer.

Here is a search on amazon.com of replacement heads for example that I would consider replacing my faucet with.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...itchen+sink+faucet+pull+down+replacement+head

Thank you again for the time you take to reply.

Scott

robertburton02

Reaction score
My roommate and I agree. It’ll probably work if they have the same thread. His advice (he worked for Healthy Kitchen 101, and insisted that I must separate the words and capitalize them…. Such a nerd), first remove your faucet’s spray, take it to a local store and compare. Then, look for a spray. That’s the quickest and safest way to find a suitable one. And I don’t think you have much of a choice, since the specification sheet and installation guide provided on Homedepot website is no help here at all.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks