Adapters to make a pull-out Kitchen spray hose work with a side sprayer

Users who are viewing this thread

MtnM

Reaction score
I did my best with the search function but couldn't find an answer.

I'd like to replace the hose on my Delta Kitchen side sprayer with the very nice, flexible, and longer metal type used for pull down kitchen faucet sprayers.

The problem is finding the right adapter to go between the pull down hose and the Delta faucet.
I'd guess my Delta faucet has a 3/8" male pipe thread (it is an older faucet, which I like).
The pull down hose has a male end also, but none of the adapters at my local hardware store would fit it.
It measures at about 9/16" outer diameter.
I found what seems to be an adapter which will fit the sprayer head to the hose, which I thought would be the hard part. Of course I haven't put that connection under pressure, so I'm just assuming that will work.
I really thought it would just be a mater of getting a female 3/8 NPT and female 9/16 NPT, but so much for my home owner guess.

Is there some inherit reason I can't make a pull-down style hose work with my side sprayer?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The biggest reason, even if you could find adapters, is that there is no way to turn it off, so it would ALWAYS run as soon as you turned the faucet on, so you might as well just get a pull down, or out, faucet.

MtnM

Reaction score
The biggest reason, even if you could find adapters, is that there is no way to turn it off, so it would ALWAYS run as soon as you turned the faucet on, so you might as well just get a pull down, or out, faucet.
I will put an ordinary side spray on the hose. The adapter for that transition was easy to find.
My goal is to get a more flexible hose than the normal vinyl style, and also longer.
Thanks for the response.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks