Kohler Rialto B1100. Pressure Assist Repair or Replacement

Users who are viewing this thread

joseph123

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I’m an inexperienced DIYer and looking for your help.

I have a few of these toilets and two have them have failed within a week of each other. These pressure assist units generate a lot of pressure and they seem to have plastic feet that have broken so they don’t hold on to the bottom. When you flush, they move since they aren’t anchored down well so they don’t flush well.

What are the options here? I’ve tried removing one...there are to wingnuts accessible underneath the tank but once you loosen them, they just turn because you’ll need to hold them from the inside. The pressure unit is so large that you can’t fit your hand down inside to hold the other side so you can loosen the wingnut enough to pull the unit out.

Is there some special tool or some particular way you can remove this? Are there replacement units available? Are there alternatives (ie can you put a standard flushing mechanism as a replacement)? Or do you have to replace the entire toilet?
5CA42757-3EB4-469E-BD30-C3D261A602DD.jpeg
C85AA837-E611-4CC2-8C15-5FF9C0B82CBC.jpeg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
kohler_pressure_1.jpg

The Kohler Pressure Clean system is obsolete and no replacement parts or rebuild kits are available. There are no compatible pressure-assist systems that can be installed the Rialto.

Your best course of action is to contact Kohler directly (800-456-4537,https://www.us.kohler.com/us/ . Typically, they'll provide a discount coupon or credit toward the purchase of a new Kohler toilet. Unfortunately, there's no way to salvage your Rialto.

Good luck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks