Knocking pipes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Joe M

Reaction score
Have extremely high iron content in well. Have to replace pipes from shallow jet pump to water softener every 5 years do to iron build up.

Replaced lines last June and replaced 20 gal pressure tank with a 42. New tank would not fit in crawl space so I placed in garage about 40 ft from pump next to water softener. After new tank installed system developed knocking. Checked for air leaks but found not.

10 year old jet pump failed this weak and replaced with new 1/2hp shallow jet pump. All new hardware as well including nipple, check valve, pump tee, and faucet for draining system into sump pit which is near pump. Was hoping there was an air leak that I couldn't find before but no luck. Knocking persists.

Was thinking of moving pressure switch off pump and placing on tank tee I installed on pressure tank?? Could the distance from pump to tank be causing knocking? Can I move switch off pump

Thanks for any help,
Joe

Reach4

Reaction score
Was thinking of moving pressure switch off pump and placing on tank tee I installed on pressure tank?? Could the distance from pump to tank be causing knocking? Can I move switch off pump
That is best, for sure.

Maybe the knocking is the pump turning on and off quickly. If so, moving the pressure switch to the tank tee is good. You might add a pressure gauge to the tank tee while you are at it.

In looking for a vacuum leak, enter this into the search box above to learn a technique:
img_shaving2.png

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks