Kinetico 4040 - any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

diesel_fan

Reaction score
Hello!
I been offered 10 years Kinetico 4040. Was told it may require to change resin and carbon. When it was removed from the house - everything worked. Should I even bother to get it up and running? What do you think? Any Kinetico guys here with opinion and maybe with instructions on how to change resin and carbon on those quad tank systems? Picture of the system attached.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 0F84614B-3C17-482F-84CD-1210746BEB41.jpeg
    0F84614B-3C17-482F-84CD-1210746BEB41.jpeg
    98.3 KB · Views: 551
Last edited:

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Proprietary parts, don't bother. No way to repair it yourself without begging and if you have the local guy come out, since he is the only one that can service it in your area... how much do you think he is going to charge?

diesel_fan

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply! Is Kinetico reliable? If they asking almost 5K for the similar system - (what a rip-off, IMHO), they should be reliable, is in it? Any long time Kinetico owners here? Or Kinetico techs? It’s nice concept, but is it actually works and worth it?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
The answer is complex. Since the parts are very locked down, reliability really doesn't matter since if a cheap part breaks, you are at the mercy of your local dealer. Kinetico valves are absolutely amazing, but like all mechanical items they will fail. The complexity of the valve is my major concern about them. Compared to a modern valve with a single internal moving part, all controlled by a simple motor with a simple electronic control. That being said the old 5600 Mechanical valve is still very popular with rental companies since it is basically bulletproof and not affected by people spraying water onto the valve, or sprinklers, etc.

I have a real appreciation for the engineering that goes into the Kinetico valves but the locked market makes it great for the dealers, it can sometimes be problematic for the end user especially if your local dealer is not into customer service.

And yes, in general the Kinetico valves are very reliable. They take great care to manufacture them to be as reliable as possible with quality being their primary concern, not low cost.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks