Kinetico Model 60 remote tank upper basket

Users who are viewing this thread

Vegarr

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have an old Kinetico Model 60 that I haven't had any serious issues that a quick cleaning of the head hasn't resolved. Lately, I have noticed more and more black powder looking stuff settling in the toilets that appears to be the same black stuff that appears on my carbon block filters, so knowing I haven't changed the resin in the 12 years I owned the house, and who knows how long prior to that, if ever, the previous owners changed it, I think the time is now.
To my question. When I removed the remote base, there was no upper distributor attached to it. The distributor tube was fine in addition to the lower distributor. So now I am confused. Should there be one on the upper side? If not, how is the resin not being removed during backwashing? I confirmed after putting it back together with the old resin, that it is not being drawn back out of the tank.
What am I missing here?

EDIT: I pulled the remote base again to take another look and even if I was to try to put a basket on it, I don't see any way it would even attach to the base.
Side.jpg
Back.jpg
Bottom.jpg

Thanks,
Chris

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks