In need of plumbers help

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by luilocolombia, Jul 29, 2013.

  1. luilocolombia

    luilocolombia New Member

    Jul 26, 2013
    New Jersey
    Can someone help me. I am trying to open a wellness club; the only things that are going to be serve are shakes. My brother did the pluming himself and got a plumbing license. When he was done, the pluming inspector checked and request something's to be change, so my bother did the changes. The inspector when a second time and also gave my brother a hard time. He requested more changes, so my brother did what he request. The inspector went a third time and did the something to my brother. After my brother did all the changes the inspector requested, the fourth time the inspector, told my bother he was using the wrong sizes of pipes and all the pipes had to be change. Why didn't the inspector told my brother he was using the wrong kind of pipes since the first day he inspected? My brother is using 1 1/2in pipes and the inspector is requesting 2in pipes. The only things we are washing in the club are our hands and the blenders. Can someone tell me if the inspector is being fair or his just playing with us?
  2. Tom Sawyer

    Tom Sawyer In the Trades

    Nov 29, 2010
    Without knowing exactly what pipes you are talking about and what they serve, I haveno clue but I seriously doubt the inspector is screwing with you.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. hj

    hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

    Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona
    Most underground pipes have to be at least 2". Inspectors will do that. They will look at a couple of things and reject them, then look further the next time and find other items, and then repeat it. It usually happens to DIYers because professionals either do not have any problems, or only a few. HOWEVER, when he got his permit, he should have had a drawing showing what he was going to do and the pipe sizes.
  5. Terry

    Terry Administrator Staff Member

    Aug 17, 2004
    Bothell, Washington
    Many inspectors feel their job is not to teach, but to approve or disapprove.
    Commercial kitchens are much more restrictive then a residential bathroom.
    Even a kitchen sink in a home requires 2" pipe.

    A commercial "Plumbing" license, that's right, there is a "B" in the work plumbing; requires one more year than a residential license, and a seperate test. Since the plumbing affects more end users, it's even more important that it's done right.

    How about posting a picture of what you brother is attempting?
Similar Threads: need plumbers
Forum Title Date
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice I need some experience plumbers eyes - Will this work May 9, 2012
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Dishwasher Repair and 2 Licensed Plumbers Opinions - Need a third. Jan 18, 2012
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Redoing shower drain and need feedback from plumbers if it will drain properly Dec 27, 2011
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Do I need Plumbers putty Dec 19, 2009
Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice Need help not sure if I screwed up Oct 8, 2017

Share This Page